PREORDER - ships 12/09 3D Fluffy Snowflake Ornament Craft Die
Out of stock
Scrappy Tails Crafts
This item has been very popular and is now confirmed on preorder. Please purchase your item today and we will ship this item to you in or before 12/09/2023. Please note, if your order includes both preorder and in stock items, then your entire order will ship on or around 12/09.
This product includes a unique die that allows the artist to create an interactive 3D fluffy paper snowflake ornament, which puffs up once completely assembled. The die can be cut multiple times and once layered together and unfolded it creates a retro style paper ornament that is reminiscent of the old origami paper crafts. You can layer as many of these diecuts as you like behind each other. We recommend 6-8 sets of die cuts, depending on the strength and weight of the paper/cardstock used. The more layers you include, the fluffier of an ornament you will achieve. The less layers you use, the more of the detail you will be able to see. The finished snowflake is about the size of your hand. We recommend using lighter weight card stock for this project as the paper is more bendable and flexible, but we have assembled snowflakes anywhere from copy paper weight to 110 lb cover card stock and it will work for any of those weights. We love 45-65 pound paper the best. Consider using specialty card stocks, two sided card stocks (with a different color or maybe with a subtle pattern on the backside). As you fold the ornament, you will see both the front and back of the paper, creating an automatic two colored snowflake if you use a paper that has a different front and back design. With specialty paper you may have a glittery front and a white backing sheet- and that translates into a very cool effect on your finished snowflake. Of course you can also cut your individual pieces from more than one type of paper and interchange the colors for even more design options. Then don’t forget to bring out your favorite Scrappy Tails Crafts embellishments and use your flat back craft pearls and craft rhinestones for added bling and dazzle. This die set is designed to work best when used in conjunction with any of our “Christmas Party 2023” stamps, stencils, Metal dies and pattern papers. Please check out our complete “Christmas Party 2023” collection and mix and match your favorite pieces.
Directions for metal craft die use:
- Gently remove the metal craft die from it’s packaging
- Using your favorite die-cutting machine, lay a piece of strong card-stock facing the sharp edges of the die and run the required “plate sandwich” through your machine (please note that different machines use different die-cutting sandwiches)
- These dies are thin steel dies and they work in most available manual and automatic die cutting machines, such as your Vagabond, Cuttlebug, Gemini, Gemini junior, Spellbinder’s Platinum, Big Kick, Big Shot etc.
- Dies work on different thin materials, including paper, cardstock, specialty foiled or glitter papers
- Share your beautiful projects with us at #scrappytailscrafts
For inspiration and technique tutorials, please visit our social media channels on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. For detailed leave assortment metal die instructions, feel free to watch our detailed videos on youtube.