PREORDER - 12/09 3D Northstar Ornament Craft Die
1 In Stock
Scrappy Tails Crafts
This item has been very popular and is now on preorder. Please purchase your product today and we will ship this item to you on or around 12/09. Please note, if your order includes both preorder and in stock items, then your entire order will ship together on or around 12/09. Product Description:
This product includes a unique die that allows the artist to create an interactive 3D Northstar ornament, which puffs up once completely assembled. The final project once unfolded creates a retro style paper ornament that is reminiscent of the old origami paper crafts. You can layer two of these North Star Ornaments behind each other for a full ornament and a true 360 star with 8 prongs. This star is an oversized ornament. Overall the completed star will be a little bigger than your hand. In addition to the base star, we are also including two design options, one consists of a very pretty and intricate lace detail that can be glued on top of the star and the second option provides you with plain triangles that can be used to layer up your favorite pattern paper on top of your base star. We recommend using a medium weight card stock for this project as the paper is more bendable and flexible, but we have assembled this star anywhere from 65 pound weight to 110 lb cover card stock and it will work for any of those weights. We love 65 to 80 pound paper the best for this particular ornament. Consider using specialty card stocks, two sided card stocks (with a different color or maybe with a subtle pattern on the backside). As you fold the ornament, you will see both the front and back of the paper, creating an automatic two colored star if you choose to use a paper that has a different front and back design. Of course you can also cut your individual two pieces from two types of paper and interchange the colors for even more design options. Then don’t forget to bring out your favorite Scrappy Tails Crafts embellishments and use your flat back craft pearls, sequins and craft rhinestones for added bling and dazzle. This die set is designed to work best when used in conjunction with any of our “Christmas Party 2023” stamps, stencils, Metal dies and pattern papers. Please check out our complete “Christmas Party 2023” collection and mix and match your favorite pieces.
Directions for metal craft die use:
- Gently remove the metal craft die from it’s packaging
- Using your favorite die-cutting machine, lay a piece of strong card-stock facing the sharp edges of the die and run the required “plate sandwich” through your machine (please note that different machines use different die-cutting sandwiches)
- These dies are thin steel dies and they work in most available manual and automatic die cutting machines, such as your Vagabond, Cuttlebug, Gemini, Gemini junior, Spellbinder’s Platinum, Big Kick, Big Shot etc.
- Dies work on different thin materials, including paper, cardstock, specialty foiled or glitter papers
- Share your beautiful projects with us at #scrappytailscrafts
For inspiration and technique tutorials, please visit our social media channels on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. For detailed leave assortment metal die instructions, feel free to watch our detailed videos on youtube.