A7 Pop Up Box Spring Mechanism Die
Out of stock
Scrappy Tails Crafts
This is an interactive add on feature for the A7 pop up box die, which (when installed in the Bottom of an A7 box card) will make the card truly pop open with the help of a rubber-band activated spring mechanism. This mechanism will make your card “pop” into a standing box position. This is a truly fun and interactive add on to make your pop up cards even more special.
- One larger trifold that is Pre-scored to hold a small rubber band to create a spring mechanism
- One smaller trifold that is inserted inside the larger piece to create a sliding spring mechanism that is activated when the card is taken out of an envelope.
Directions for metal craft die use:
- Gently remove the metal craft die from it’s packaging
- Using your favorite die-cutting machine, lay a piece of strong card-stock facing the sharp edges of the die and run the required “plate sandwich” through your machine (please note that different machines use different die-cutting sandwiches)
- These dies are thin steel dies and they work in most available manual and automatic die cutting machines, such as your Vagabond, Cuttlebug, Gemini, Gemini junior, Spellbinder’s Platinum, Big Kick, Big Shot etc.
- Dies work on different thin materials, including paper, cardstock, specialty foiled or glitter papers
- To assemble the spring, you must die cut both pieces from heavyweight card stock, fold all score lines, Fold the three sided pieces into one piece by flipping the other two sides in. You then slide the smaller piece into the larger piece, attach a rubber band in the pre-scored open holes and then activate the spring. We strongly recommend that you watch our detailed tutorial on YouTube to learn how to activate your pop up card.
Please note: Use very strong double sided adhesive to connect the spring inside your A7 box. This is a fast moving spring and it must be well adhered. To make your Pop up box and your spring mechanism strong and long lasting, we recommend 100lb to 110lb card-stock.
- Share your beautiful projects with us at #scrappytailscrafts
For inspiration and technique tutorials, please visit our social media channels on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. For detailed pop up box Spring mechanism instructions, feel free to watch our detailed video on youtube.