Basket Pop Up Card Die
40 In Stock
Scrappy Tails Crafts
This is an interactive pop up basket box die to create an A7 sized, 360 degree hexagon shaped basket pop up card with the measurements of 7 inches wide, up to 5 inches high and 2.5 inches deep, when opened. The card measures 5x7 inches when folded flat and can be decorated up to 4.75 inches high in order to fit a standard A7 envelope. Folded flat the 360 degree basket “hexagon box” fits a standard A7 envelope. Included are the following dies:
- The main basket pop up hexagon craft die used to cut a pop up basket box (must cut two panels for one basket)
- One long bridge, used to hold and pop up interactive images (May cut up to two long bridges for a full display)
- One short bridge used to hold and pop up interactive images (May cut up to four bridges for a full display - these short bridges are completely optional!)
- One long basket handle (the handle is optional)
- Two different styles of basket weave decorative panels to accent your box (The lace design can be cut up to 6 times to decorate the side panels)
- One plain rectangle die to fit on the hexagon sides to decorate the basket with designer pattern papers or to use as a double layer with the Two different basket weave dies
- One decorative bow to adorn your basket
Directions for metal craft die use:
- Gently remove the metal craft die from it’s packaging
- Using your favorite die-cutting machine, lay a piece of strong card-stock facing the sharp edges of the die and run the required “plate sandwich” through your machine (please note that different machines use different die-cutting sandwiches)
- These dies are thin steel dies and they work in most available manual and automatic die cutting machines, such as your Vagabond, Cuttlebug, Gemini, Gemini junior, Spellbinder’s Platinum, Big Kick, Big Shot etc.
- Dies work on different thin materials, including paper, cardstock, specialty foiled or glitter papers
- To assemble the hexagon basket, cut the main panel twice, fold the score lines and connect the tabs of the panels to each other’s panels to create a three dimensional hexagon shaped box. Fold down the left, right and front panel.
Please note: Use strong double sided adhesive to connect both pieces together. To make your Pop up box strong and long lasting, we recommend 100lb to 110lb card-stock.
- Cut up to two long bridges and up to four optional short bridges, fold on the score lines, attach strong double sided adhesive and place bridges inside the pop up basket side panels, ensuring strong bond with the sides of the box
- Cut the single open panels, if desired from colored, or designer pattern paper to create a beautiful design.
- Cut the fancy decorative panels to create your own intricate basket weave patterns (these can be double layered onto the single open panels).
- Once your basket is assembled, feel free to adore and embellish your project with stamped images, embellishments, and or die-cut images. You can attach images straight to the bridges or use acrylic sticks to create a floating design element or to suspend images in the air. You can work around the basket to create a 360 degree design (please pay close attention on how the basket closes and try not to go over the edge of the basket when folded flat to ensure that the basket will fit the desired envelope. Please ensure that images are not overhanging each other.
- Share your beautiful projects with us at #scrappytailscrafts
For inspiration and technique tutorials, please visit our social media channels on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. For detailed pop up vase instructions, feel free to watch one of our pop up vase videos on youtube.